This little box contains all the entries for my 100 followers giveaway! Read on to find out who’s the lucky blogger who’s won a lovely Lush bee and magic lipstick!
In the meantime, though, I’m going to take the opportunity to show off another blogging milestone – my first awards! I’m only going to nominate five people for each award, just because otherwise that’s 20 nominations in each post!
A big thank you to Loll at Labelle for nominating me for the Super Sweet Award. You should definitely check out her pretty purple blog – she’s so friendly, it’s like chatting about beauty stuff over coffee.
For the Super Sweet Blogging Award, you have to:
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 5 Super Sweet Questions.
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award image in your blog post.
- Nominate a baker’s dozen (5) other bloggers.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination on their blog.
The 5 Super Sweet Questions:
- Cookies or Cake? Cake. Definitely cake. Omnomnom.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate all the time (although Stracciatella out of preference!).
- Favorite Sweet Treat? Skittles, Love Hearts, Parma Violets, Fruit Salad sweets… Oooh! Jelly snakes! Playing with your food at its best.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? After dinner. I always feel like meals should end with chocolate.
- Sweet Nickname? I don’t have any nicknames that actually get used!
Huge thanks also to Gabbi at A Beautiful Twenty-Something Life for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I’ve only recently started following her, but I’m so envious of her lovely French lifestyle!
The rules of the award are:
Thank the person who nominated you
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
Share 7 things about you
Pass the award on to seven (5) nominees
Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
7 things about me:
- I accidentally started a collection of fancy chicken things, all stemming from a joke present of a chicken calendar a couple of years ago; I now own a book of fancy chickens, a Buff Orpington mug, and a life-size plushie hen.
- I’m currently putting off an essay on Ovid’s Metamorphoses, due in this evening.
- My favourite TV show is Farscape, a really unusual sci-fi show with the prettiest cast and the most incredible writing.
- I slightly think I’m Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
- I’ve written two plays that have been performed in Oxford, one about Shakespeare and one about King Arthur. If I can write a Robin Hood and put it on sometime next year, I’ll have completed the set of my childhood literary obsessions.
- I find it impossible to choose a favourite colour – it varies almost every day.
- I haven’t got used to being 21 yet. Within the last week, I have distractedly told two different people that I was 17 and 23.
For this one, I nominate:
Thanks again, lovelies. It means a lot to me that you thought of my little blog!
So, on to even more exciting things – who won my giveaway? Without further ado, I can announce that it was….
Loll from La Belle!
I am currently lacking anyone to help me pick (not even my next-door neighbour is in), so I screwed up my eyes, shook the box, and picked one name out at random, and this was the lucky strip. Well done! I’ll be emailing you in a minute to get your address, and then Mr Bumble will be winging his way to you!
To those of you that didn’t win, I’m very sorry. It’s trite, I know, but I wish I could give you all a present for following my ramblings… Hopefully I’ll have more milestones to celebrate before long! Thank you all for entering and for sticking around to read me 🙂