Does anyone remember my 100-day resolutions? Well, it’s a little after June 23rd, so I thought I’d update you on my progress, and make some new resolutions for the summer!
The resolutions I made in April were:
– Keep blogging throughout term, doing at least 3 posts a week. I am fairly pleased with my progress on this. I let a few days slip past a couple of times, but also managed to post every day for a lot of the term.
– Make the effort to go out with friends, rather than mope about not going out. I pushed myself not to cancel plans because I didn’t feel like it, and because of that, I’ve spent some really lovely quality time with friends old and new.
-Earn some money. I did several experiments at the beginning of term, worked a crazily-well-paid lecture day and signed up to work at Open Day in September. I’ll be heading back to waitressing soon, to make even more money!
– Make some travel plans for the summer. I’ve started to think about this, and have plans to go to Bath, Hay on Wye, and very possibly to Green Man festival in Wales. I’m also off on holiday to Malta with my family and Boyfriend, and I’m going to keep planning day trips!
So, time for some new resolutions! The next 100 days will end on October 3rd, which is just a few days before the start of next term – a perfect amount of time for some summer plans.
– Get back on track losing weight. I plan to do the Couch to 5k (and now I’ve said that, I’m accountable for it!), and keep up my visits to the gym to make the most of my membership.
– Cut down on my crazy TBR list. I always get more reading done in the summer, but there’s an element of not buying books here too. I’d like to be under 150 unread books at the end of the summer.
– Be well prepared for my collections (mini-exams) at the beginning of next term. I have a translation paper and an essay paper, and I’d like to do well in them (not least because there’s a monetary prize for getting a first!).
– Enjoy the summer. This is possibly my last summer as a student, with a looooong holiday stretching out before me. I don’t want to waste it!
So, you might see some more lifestyle posts popping up while I make the most of my summer. I hope they’ll still be interesting to you!
What do you hope to achieve this summer?