One week, one tiny hand-luggage bag.
I had to be super ruthless with my packing for my holiday, especially since I was limited to only 10 liquid items, all to be under 100ml (luckily I could stash dry products to my tiny suitcase’s content)! Only my true beauty heroes came with me, and here’s the rundown:
- Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel (100ml) – there’s nothing summerier than citrus scents, and this grapefruit shower gel is absolutely gorgeous.
- Garnier Moisture Match, Green (50ml) – this mattifying day cream is light and nullifies any shine from the heat, but moisturises sun-parched skin just enough.
- Aromatherapy Associates Hydrating Triple Rose Moisturiser (30ml) – this is a more heavy duty face cream, which I use as a night cream. Perfect for topping up the moisture at the end of the day.
- Lush 9 to 5 cleanser (decanted into a 50ml bottle) – this is my lovely everyday cleanser (in the unlabelled bottle) – just perfect for making sure that every last trace of suncream is gone from your skin, avoiding any overload.
- Lush Eau Roma toner (100ml) – now this little beauty is getting a post all of its own soon, so I won’t say too much, but this is wonderful both in my normal cleansing routine and as a cooling spray when it’s hot hot hot!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (30ml) – of course. This is my perfect foundation.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Concealer (10ml) – to hide any of those midnight-flight dark circles!
- A England St George Nail polish – to top up my polish in case of scuffs – no hiding your toes in sandals…
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hair Spray (50ml) – this was free with Elle Magazine, which I bought at the airport, but I really liked the texturising effect this had on my semi-curly hair, even though I didn’t blowdry it as per the instructions…
- NSpa Raspberry Milkshake Body Cream (50ml) – to rehydrate sunned, salted and chlorined legs.
- Lush Ultimate Shine Shampoo Bar – I can’t believe I forgot to take a picture of this magic little bar! No liquid, but awesome shampoo!
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – super easy, golden summertime eyeshadows. I don’t go anywhere without this!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils in Zero and Empire (black and purple) – my favourite basic, plus one to add some colour.
- Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in Rose Ambre – a really nice, subtle blush for a windswept look.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent Powder – well, you have to minimise shine!
- No7 360 Degree Mascara – just a basic black mascara (unfortunately NOT waterproof, as I found out!).
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush – I grabbed this to put a bit of colour in my sleepy face on the way to Gatwick, but I thought it was a bit dark for sunny daytime wear, so I kept this one to evenings out.
I will admit, I cheated a tiny bit and bought a large bottle of conditioner while we were over there – no way would I attempt to wash my hair without conditioner, especially after swimming! I’d just be a… bush!
Well, I thought I was quite streamlined… Does 17 products for a week seem reasonable? Could you get by on fewer?