The beautiful Gillian at Always Unpresentable nominated me for the Liebster Award while I was on holiday, which was a lovely surprise to come back to! I always enjoy Gillian’s posts, and really trust her opinions on products – plus the way she writes makes you feel really comfortable, like talking to a friend. I couldn’t be happier that she chose me for this award!
What you have to do, then, is
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 more blogs with 11 more questions. You’re supposed to nominate blogs with fewer than 200 followers (I tipped over that between receiving the award and doing this post!).
So, read on for 11 facts about me:
- I read ALL the time. I’d read in the shower if I could!
- Despite that first fact, I still have more than 150 books that I haven’t read yet…
- I’m currently in the middle of Week 4 of the Couch to 5k running plan – I’m finding this week quite tough, but I’m determined to get there!
- I’ve always wanted a cat, but recent meetings with friends’ cats have proved I’m still reeeeaally allergic.
- I’m going into my final year at university in October, and that really quite terrifies me.
- When I was little, I wanted to be the person that looked after the lions at the zoo. I’m thinking that Classics degree will be dead handy for that..!
- My favourite sweets are Parma Violets.
- I find it really difficult to save money – I like to have things, if I can afford them! As a child, I used to get so frustrated that my brother could save all his Christmas and birthday money, and still have loads left months later, whereas I (although I loved the things I bought) had already spent mine!
- I love to have fresh flowers in my room, they make me feel really grown up.
- I need sunshine to be happy. I think I am a plant.
- I’ve just got back from a week on Malta, and here is a picture of a lizard that lived in our kitchen:
And my answers to Gillian’s questions:
- What’s your favourite part of blogging? My favourite part of blogging is definitely the interaction with other bloggers – I love reading and replying to comments, it’s so interesting seeing what people respond to and which bits of posts chime with them.
- If you could only take one item of make up to a desert island, what would it be? I think probably black eyeliner. I always feel a bit better when my eyes are defined. Or if it’s a very hot desert island, perhaps transparent powder?
- What shop can’t you walk past without buying something? Lush. Not helped by the fact that lots of my friends work there. See here for evidence of my addiction…
- Gold or Silver Jewellery? Silver. I just think it looks more delicate. (I’d probably pick rose gold as my absolute favourite, though.)
- What is your all time comfort food? Macaroni cheese, specifically my mum’s version, which is just perfect for when you’re sad, happy, ill, whatever. So tasty!
- If you could only wear either lipstick or eyeliner for the rest of your life which would it be? Eyeliner – as much as I love my lipsticks, I don’t feel like I need them as much as I need eyeliner!
- Which is your favourite season of the year for clothing? Autumn. I like autumn colours and layering jumpers and scarves and I really, really love boots and tights.
- Do you live to work/study or work/study to live? Definitely work to live (reading and sleeping over waitressing any day), but it depends on the kind of study – I write my essays out of necessity, but enjoy finding out about lots of different things.
- Do you have any style influences? My autumn style is very Amy Pond-inspired, but mostly I’m a bit of a mish-mash of influences…
- What is your favourite film? I wanted to say something classy and intelligent, but to be honest, it’s probably Hot Fuzz. It’s never not a good time to watch Hot Fuzz. That or Beauty and the Beast.
- What is your favourite lip product? …Choose… one??? Umm. For versatility, Barry M TMLP lipstick, which I am pretty much obsessed with.
And now, my 11 questions for my nominees!
- What place would you visit if you had all the time and money in the world?
- What is your favourite book? (if you can’t choose, then ‘favourite book’ can include say, four books)
- Which beauty products do you use every day?
- What’s your favourite beauty brand? What one product would you recommend someone try from them?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- What’s something your readers don’t already know about you?
- Shoes or handbags?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What’s the oldest thing in your wardrobe?
- Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery?
- What’s the worst joke you know?
And finally, I nominate…
Let me know when you’ve done your posts, I can’t wait to see! And thanks again, Gillian 🙂