Eau Roma Toner – a marvellous multi-tasker that has seen me through cold winter Oxford and hot sunny Malta alike! This is one of the unsung heroes of my make-up bag. I’ve always put off reviewing it because “nobody loves toner, surely?”, but I really really do.
Eau Roma is a lavender and rose water toner from Lush, so you know it’s only going to be good for you. A disclaimer – I expect you can do much the same multi-tasking with any spray floral water, but I like the simplicity of having both the lavender and rose in one, and the handy bottle.
- Of course, as a good old facial toner. Spritz on a cotton pad, or directly on your face, after cleansing, to remove all traces of cleanser and tighten your skin.
- As a make up remover when you make mistakes. Dip a cotton bud into the liquid, and use to remove that smudge of mascara under your eyes, or that spot where you missed your lips with the lipstick.
- To set your make-up (in some circumstances). This doesn’t work particularly well if you prefer a matte look, but will help to hold a dewier base in place on your face (how ace!).
- When you’re hot, cool down by using this as a facial spritz. This made me very happy in Malta.
- If you can’t sleep, spraying a bit of this on your pillow might help (it helps me!) because of the lavender.
- Spray into your hair to defrizz and detangle, or even to dampen to help with a hairstyle.
Gentle and gorgeous-smelling, Eau Roma is a must-have for me, although at £7.25 for 250ml, it’s quite pricey. As much as I love this, I’m tempted to try to find a cheaper alternative, but for now, the goodness of Lush will have to do… Do you bother with toner? What’s your Holy Grail toner?