I was looking for a good tag to get stuck into, and Gillian from Always Unpresentable put me on to Famous In Japan‘s new tag, The Blogger Made Me Buy It. It’s no secret that getting involved in the online beauty and fashion world leads to lots and lots of lemmings (that’s product crushes, to the uninitiated) and lots of unexpected purchases! This tag gets to the heart of the whys and hows of blogger hype and how it affects us.
1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
In terms of the big guns, I adore EssieButton. I really trust her to be honest about products, and also, she’s hilarious to watch. I also like Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter, but I don’t tend to go straight out and buy what they recommend the way I do with Estée.
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
Usually, I tend to check several reviews before deciding on something, or I’d buy it of my own accord if I can genuinely see myself using it. I wouldn’t buy something just because someone reviewed it!
3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation – that was everywhere for a while! I also love the Korres lip butters.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Definitely micellar water. It does nothing for me (as you can see from one of my few very negative reviews)
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Ummm… Sleek blush in Rose Gold, Naked 3 palette (although that was a present), Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons, Nivea Express Hydration Primer, and Bourjois baked blushes.
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I fell very hard for lip crayons – Bourjois, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, all of them. Love them! Barring the things above? Umm, probably also something boring like the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Ooh, possibly the Body Shop Honeymania lip balm – I still want the other things in the range!
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I missed most of the hype over micellar water, and also Baby Lips and EOS balms. Surely they’re just lip balm?
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
Well, I think that I buy things mostly because I want them, then look up reviews to see if they’re any good. So bloggers influence me whether or not to buy things, but don’t so much suggest things to buy. Does that make any sense?
So, how far do you think blogging influences your shopping? One issue this tag didn’t go into was the fact that I myself as a blogger influence myself to buy things, so I can keep up with new releases in my reviews! I’m not tagging people specifically, but please do have a go if you want, and link me to your posts!