I think there must be something in the blogging water recently, because a bunch of beautiful bloggers have ever so sweetly nominated me for awards. Thank you to Sunny and Roseybelle for nominating me for the Liebster Award, and Kiara for the Sunshine Award nomination! ❤
Luckily for me, they are both quite similar awards, so I have three sets of 11 questions to answer (since that’s quite a lot, I won’t be doing extra facts for the Sunshine Award!). Then I will nominate a few different people, and just post up one set of questions for both! So, without further ado…
1. What’s your favorite way to occupy your free time? I love to read, especially in the bath in the winter, or outdoors in the summer. I also enjoy watching boxsets of things like Buffy, Farscape, Firefly and Doctor Who with my boyfriend.
2. Any sports? Definitely not! I completed the Couch to 5k programme over the summer, so can now technically run for 30 minutes/5k, but I’d rather not!
4. Any pets? Sadly no, a combination of allergies and rented accommodation.
5. What CD is currently in your car? Well, I don’t have my car in Oxford, but currently I have Metric’s Fantasies album on repeat on my laptop.
6. Can you cook? Reasonably well. I don’t have a kitchen though, so I don’t get too much of a chance to.
7. Family or friends? Well, that’s a hard one. Both, in different situations.
8. Do you prefer going out or staying home? I like staying in and curling up with a book or a film or the internet much more than going out, especially when it’s cold!
9. What’s your dream job? I don’t think it exists, but getting to stay in bed all day and read and sleep and getting paid to just have a reeeeeally long weekend…
10. Top 3 things you didn’t do yet but you’d like to before you leave this world? Hmm. I’d like to visit several places, but that should probably only count for one… I’d like to have a home of my own, and have my own family (one day, I stress, not right now!).
11. Which Disney princess would you be and why? Belle. She’s the best! She’s smart and beautiful and has awesome songs and a library and yay!
1. What is your favourite makeup/beauty brand and why? Probably Urban Decay for eye make-up, because I love their eyeshadows and eyeliners so much! For face/lip products, I like Bourjois a lot, because their colours are great for pale girls.
2. Why did you decide to become a beauty blogger? It sounds silly, but I saw other people doing it, and thought I could do it too!
3. Who is your biggest inspiration and why? I have been inspired by so many wonderful people in my life, and in so many ways! I’m not sure I could pick one ‘biggest’ one: obviously my parents are on there, for so many reasons; my three English A-level teachers, who showed me it was okay (and in fact great) to be a clever, well-read woman; and, perhaps strangely, a myriad of fictional girls and women who let me explore what I could become.
4. What is the most expensive thing (makeup wise) that you own? I think it must be the Naked 3 palette, which I was given for Christmas.
5. What is your favourite TV show? Farscape, without a doubt. Even if you don’t like science fiction, you should watch it for the unparalleled emotional impact, beautiful plotting, wonderful characterisation, feminism, and humour!
6. Which season do you like best and why (spring,summer..etc)? I definitely prefer the heat to the cold, but I think there is something to love about all the seasons!
7. Who is your favourite Youtube celebrity? Actually, it’s not a beauty Youtuber, it’s actually danisnotonfire. I think he’s so relatable and funny.
8. What is your biggest fear in life? Nobody appreciating what I do.
9. Favourite nail polish brand and shade? Definitely A England. The colours are stunning, the formula is great, and all the polishes are named after amazing things. I want them all. Guinevere is the most wearable day-to-day, but Saint George is stunning.
10. What would your dream vacation look like? I think I’d most like to spend a month travelling around Italy, visiting lots of the big places and plenty of the less-travelled areas too.
11. What are your plans and goals for this year? Get through Finals, graduate, get a job, find a house to rent with Boyfriend. Stay sane.
1. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I love macaroni cheese with a passion… That’s probably not healthy to eat forever, but oh well!
2. When did you start blogging? I’ve had various kinds of blogs for several years, but I’ve been writing The Oxford Owl since September 2012, and seriously since January 2013.
3. If you could have one celebrity be your sibling, who would it be and why? I think I would choose Keira Knightley, in the hope that if we were related we’d have similar cheekbones!
4. Do you hope to work in the creative field someday? (writing, art, design, etc.) I don’t really know what I want to do, but I hope I always keep writing creatively. I don’t know if I’d enjoy doing it for someone else, but I do enjoy it for me!
5. Favourite way to pass the time? Reading, daydreaming, silly little iPhone games, and reading reviews of things I enjoy.
6. What do you hope to accomplish in 2014? (Can be as long as you’d like!) As answered above, pretty big things like graduating, moving into my first house, and getting a job.
7. Favourite book from your childhood? This answer would change if you asked me again in five minutes, but I loved Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild, the Young Wizards books by Diane Duane, the Enchanted Forest books by Patricia Wrede, anything by Tamora Pierce…
8. Who are your role models? This is a similar one to the ‘who inspires you’ question above… I don’t have a specific role model, but there are several people whose personalities or lifestyles I’d love to be like!
9. Favorite inspirational quote? “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde.
10. What is your best piece of advice? Always wear your invisible crown. I love the idea of this – act like you’re a queen and it makes you so confident and graceful.
11. Who do you miss the most right now? No-one, I don’t think! I’ve only just got back to college, so I’m a) not that homesick yet and b) have seen most of my friends really recently!
And there we go! Lots and lots of questions 😀
I’m going to nominate 11 people, but you can take whichever award you prefer, since they are both ‘answer 11 questions and nominate 11 people’!
Gillian at Always Unpresentable,
Allie-May at The Friday Girl
Sarah and Kaitlyn at The Duck and the Owl
Deborah at Debelloyd
Grace at That Grace Girl
Beth at Bethanyworrall
Niki at Colour Me Niki
Kate at Lead With the Hips
Loll at LaBelle
Melissa at Pink Lady Beauty
And your questions are… (some shamelessly stolen from the ones I was asked)
1. What song have you had in your head recently?
2. What’s your favourite make-up/beauty brand?
3. What’s the most important part of your skincare routine?
4. What would be your dream holiday?
5. Which fictional character would you most like to be like?
6. Favourite inspirational quote?
7. What do you get out of blogging?
8. Have you got a signature perfume, or do you switch it all up?
9. What is your favourite dish to cook?
10. Favourite childhood book?
11. Are you a cat person or a dog person?