The rules, as usual:
1. Answering the 11 questions
2. Listing 11 facts about myself
3. Nominating 11 smaller blogs for the award, and setting them 11 questions.
Read on for my answers!
1. Where were you born? I was born in England, where I still live!
2. What is your favorite fragrance? Ooh, a tricky one… I love so many fragrances and choose them according to mood. But when I use Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret, it feels like coming home.
3. What color do you most like painting your nails? I favour purples and blues, but I like to switch it up!
4. Are you left or right-handed? Right-handed!
5. What is your favorite book? That’s even harder than favourite perfume! I think either The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss or I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith – two extremely different books, but ones that always comfort me.
6. Beyoncé or Rihanna (or neither)? I’m not a huge fan of either, but probably Beyoncé? I like some of Rihanna’s stuff to dance to, though.
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Writing posts. I love writing.
8. What three things would you take with you to a deserted island? I could be really boring and say “food, water and sun cream”, but if we’re being interesting, then The Collected Sherlock Holmes Stories, my GBA (with Pokemon Sapphire) and my camera.
9. What is your favorite hobby? Amateur dramatics. I’ve loved all the silly shows I’ve been able to perform in, direct and write whilst in Oxford.
10. Cats or dogs? Cats, all the way cats! I’m very allergic but very in love.
11. What is your favorite TV show? Of all time, Farscape. But I’m really loving rewatching Buffy at the moment.
1. I haven’t had a haircut for two years, and I haven’t dyed it for a year (ha, can you tell?). I really need to get around to sorting it out!
2. Today I’m off to see Henry VI Part I at Stratford, which should be fun.
3. I only got 5 hours sleep last night – stupid exam nightmares…
4. I live for spring and summer. I’m so glad the sunshine is back!
5. I only have one month left of being 21… Well that went fast!
6. I am terrible at all sports! They all look like “do the thing, get the points” and I CAN’T.
7. My ideal daytime (as in, being awake) would be from 10.30am-1am. I’m semi-nocturnal.
8. My favourite poet is E.E. Cummings (and yes, he did capitalise his name!).
9. I walk extremely fast, and often leave people behind me accidentally!
10. My favourite food is macaroni cheese – but it has to be done the way my mum makes it.
11. I hate thinking of facts about myself!
These are all smaller, new-to-me blogs that really deserve some attention!
9. Society Swan
Thanks again to The London Turtle!
And now for the announcement part:
My final exams are coming up at the end of May/beginning of June. I’m revising pretty hard, and I know that in the past, academic commitments have forced me to stop blogging for periods. To avoid that, The Oxford Owl is going to be switching from daily posting to posting Monday/Wednesday/Friday throughout April, May and June. I think this is the best compromise, as it will allow me a bit more flexibility to schedule posts in advance, and I’ll be able to keep them at a consistent good quality, rather than rushing posts just to get them up. Sorry if this is disappointing, but I hope that you’ll understand!
Keep in touch by following me!