Today I thought I’d show you one of my absolute favourite polishes, which deserves the status of Holy Grail – and if you’re a nerd like me, the name Galahad alone gets it Holy Grail status! This pretty turquoise polish from A England, my favourite nail brand, is perfect on long nails, short nails, on its own, in nail art, and at all times of year, but it makes the ideal summer polish.
Apologies if some of the pictures are slightly out of focus, I wanted to capture the colour more than get perfect photos!
Here we have another of my favourite A England nail polishes, Lady of the Lake. This is my second bottle of this polish, because I actually finished the first one – that hasn’t happened in a long time. Lady of the Lake was one of the very first polishes I ever bought from A England, and it’s a gorgeous creamy royal purple with shimmer in low light, and a crazy amount of holo in direct light! There’s something very special about this one… Read on for more photos!
Have you ever thought, “hmm, I need a nail polish the exact colour of raspberries”? I hadn’t, until I saw this beauty – A England’s Rose Bower. Part of the Burne-Jones Dream collection, and my most recent haul, Rose Bower is a gorgeous saturated red holo that leans into a deep pink – seriously sumptuous. Read on for more photos! Continue reading
The fourth polish from my recent A England haul is Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty), a bright raspberry pink with scattered holo and a blue flash. I’m not actually an enormous fan of pink on my nails, but this is a surprisingly wearable colour, thanks to the depth of it – it’s never Barbie-pink, and the different tones help to give it more of a jewel-like quality.
Um, I’m in love. This is A England Dancing with Nureyev nail polish, a pale blue scattered holo from the Ballerina collection, which I bought in my most recent haul. It is the prettiest pastel blue, leaning slightly purple, and it is seriously stunning. Continue reading
Today I’ve got another gorgeous polish from my most recent A England haul: one from the Burne-Jones Dream collection: Fated Prince. This is a granite-grey polish, but it leans slightly olive-green, and has a beautiful gold-orange flash. As with all A England holos, it’s so difficult to capture how beautiful this polish really is, but I’ll have a go… Continue reading
It’s my birthday soon, and to take advantage of the recent A England sale, my mum gave me an early birthday present – new nail polishes from my favourite brand!
I picked out Lady of the Lake, which I’ve had before and used up, Briar Rose, Sleeping Palace, Fated Prince, and Dancing with Nureyev. All of these polishes are truly stunning, and it was so difficult choosing which one to apply first! Today I’ll be showing you Sleeping Palace, then later on, I’ll post about the others – this way, I can keep them all on my fingers as long as I like!
Well, the 1st of April means it’s my birthday month! Here are some bits and bobs I’d love to find all wrapped up for me (if I were a very lucky girl!)… Clockwise from left:
Christmas is coming, ads and sales are everywhere, and I’m starting to dream of what wonderful beauty things I’d have in my cupboards if money was no object. Continue reading
One week, one tiny hand-luggage bag.
I had to be super ruthless with my packing for my holiday, especially since I was limited to only 10 liquid items, all to be under 100ml (luckily I could stash dry products to my tiny suitcase’s content)! Only my true beauty heroes came with me, and here’s the rundown:
- Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel (100ml) – there’s nothing summerier than citrus scents, and this grapefruit shower gel is absolutely gorgeous.
- Garnier Moisture Match, Green (50ml) – this mattifying day cream is light and nullifies any shine from the heat, but moisturises sun-parched skin just enough.
- Aromatherapy Associates Hydrating Triple Rose Moisturiser (30ml) – this is a more heavy duty face cream, which I use as a night cream. Perfect for topping up the moisture at the end of the day.
- Lush 9 to 5 cleanser (decanted into a 50ml bottle) – this is my lovely everyday cleanser (in the unlabelled bottle) – just perfect for making sure that every last trace of suncream is gone from your skin, avoiding any overload.
- Lush Eau Roma toner (100ml) – now this little beauty is getting a post all of its own soon, so I won’t say too much, but this is wonderful both in my normal cleansing routine and as a cooling spray when it’s hot hot hot!